Thursday, September 15, 2005

One of the weirdest MLB plays I've ever seen...


Boston's Gabe Kapler ruptured his left Achilles' tendon while rounding second base on Tony Graffanino's fifth-inning homer during Wednesday night's 5-3 win over Toronto.

Graffanino's ball went over the left-field wall, and Kapler fell to the ground. He got up on one knee but couldn't continue.

After a five-minute delay, Kapler was carted off the field. Alejandro Machado pinch ran starting at second base and finished circling the bases [full story].

1 comment:

lavinius said...

Yeah, I saw that play too. At first he looked like he, um, didn't have one of his better moments- and he'd simply get back up, finish his trot around the bases, and get busted on by his teammates when he got back to the dugout. When he didn't get up, I knew something wasn't right.

In my 20 years of watching the game, I've never seen anything like that in my life. Unreal...