Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mancrush V.2 adding some meat on them bones!



CHESTNUT HILL, Mass. -- The wiry frame is now right up there with the no-hitter when it comes to Clay Buchholz. It's just a memory.

The Red Sox's top pitching prospect took the organization's mandate of adding strength to his gifted right arm during the offseason seriously. And it was a noticeably sturdier Buchholz that worked out at Boston College on Tuesday as part of the Red Sox 2008 Rookie Program, a two-week event that ends on Friday.

"I know what it's going to take for me to have to stay on the team this year," said Buchholz. "A lot of hard work and dedication goes into being prepared for 162 games and that was my offseason this year, that was [what] I put all the dedication toward. I think I'm right at 191 [pounds] right now actually. It's better than the 178 I was last year."

Full story

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

191? That's what Cooch weighed in middle school! Adding 13 lbs. of muscle in the offseason is pretty impressive!

lavinius said...

That's what I weighed when I was born until I got circumsized.